Monday, October 20, 2014

October Newsletter

Hi Everyone!
What a beautiful Fall we’re having. I hope you’re getting out to enjoy the Fall Colors!
I am trimming my workshop offerings as I head toward a partial retirement but here are 2 with sign-up deadlines coming up-

1 Join Wen Redmond And Michele O’Neil Kincaid
Sign UP Deadline Dec 10, 2014!!
Fiber Art Directions!
Feb 28 to March 9 2015
Come enjoy good food, fine vessel, Caribbean, and quilting!
Select from 6 stress free, fun workshops!
Questions and booking, please contact Gloria Cook, Cruise Consultant
Toll free or 888-719-7698 email gloria@cruise-consultants.com
Or
puzzle quilt
holographic work
piecing in the flow
2 Hudson River Valley Art Workshops Dec 4-7
Greenville, NY
Holographic Memories and More
           
         Complete an innovative 3-D effect, Holographic Image, from your own photograph, painted fabric and photo-silk screened image. This unique presentation will amaze your friends and is so much fun to create! Each student will mount and finish a 12x14 picture!

Some pre-workshop image preparation.

Greenville, NY 
holographic work with hand painted and thermal fax silkscreen borders
side view
and
There is a list of my workshops on my blog tabs on top-  http://fiberartgoddess.blogspot.com
and if you scroll my blog - there are posts about different workshops.

and I have occasional sales on my Sales Blog-  http://wenredmond.blogspot.com 

Published
500 Traditional Quilts- 3 early works

Upcoming Exhibits
NEW DIRECTIONS ’14, Barrett Art Center’s 29th Annual National Juried Contemporary Art Exhibition
            Our distinguished juror for New Directions ’14, Lynne Warren, Curator, Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago, Chicago, IL, has thoughtfully and carefully selected 52 works by 74 artists from a total of 653 eligible entries from 202 artists nationwide.
            The New Directions ’14 exhibit will be on display from Saturday, September 27, 2014 through Saturday, November 8, 2014 in the historic Barrett Art Gallery 1850’s townhouse, located at 55 Noxon Street, Poughkeepsie, New York

Multiplicities: New Directions in Fiber- IMAGO Foundation for the Arts
36 Market Street
Warren, RI 02885
On View Friday, October 17 - Saturday, November 8, 2014
Artist Reception October 24, 2014


Exhibit Invitational ‘Living with Craft’ Wayne Art Center, 413 Maplewood Avenue, Wayne, PA 

Exhibit Invitational "Fibrations" Great Hall in Springfield, VT. Opens on November 7, 2014, and go through Spring 2015

Radical Elements Foundation Arts Center, Silver Springs, MD

Dinner at 8, Houston at the International Quilt Festival. TX

SAQA Auction, ‘When I think of You’- sold

And a big YES from Quilt National!

Local exhibits at 100 Market St Alternative Gallery and New Hampshire Art Galleries Portsmouth and Emporium Gallery South Berwick Me

DVD”s
New DIGITAL FIBER Technique!
Textured Photography!
Explore a new avenue for your quilt art using a combination of digital photography and textured backgrounds.


Holographic Memories DIGITAL FIBER Technique DVD
Now available as download and on sale!
Capture your loved ones or favorite subjects in lifelike imagery.

PROCESS
If you’re curious about my process, I have done a blog post about my process of "Amazements of the Tender Reflections" that was accepted in Houston at the Quilt Festival.



Thanks!

1 comment:

KAM said...

Wen...In answer to the question you posed over at the quiltart list, I much prefer reading blogs ---- make a cup of tea or coffee and spend a chunk of time about twice a week catching up on the work and words of people whose art I appreciate no matter the media. Writing is a big piece of my life and having the time to really read each person's story on the blogs is what I like to do. Facebook is way too intrusive for me to spend much time there...the gathering or trolling of so much about me and my likes is over the top of my comfort level.
The pieces at the beginning of this blog post are quite wonderful
Kristin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...