Monday, October 20, 2014

What inspires me?

I was invited to join this blog hop by Cheryl Rezendes. Her blog is here.
What inspires me? What is my process? Here goes!
What inspires me?!
Everything!
Over the years, one develops an 'eye'. You see what you know. Vista's grow larger and more sensitive as openings to the soul become more and more frequent. 

I take myself off into nature and the ideas come. They bubble out from my unconscious in bursts from the universe.

I am a mixed media fiber artist. I am a process person. I’m passionate about coming up with ideas and working out the kinks. This leads to more discoveries, an evolution.  
I make the art and then the art makes me.
Kittery Point original photo
            Part of my process is photography. I can see the most exquisite scenes or combinations of patterns and want to share that beauty. My art represents these moments.
            They are what lie beneath. I bring them back to share, to remind, to remember. These moments become my source, my well. I hope to bring that energy into my art making, to communicate the positive.
cropped and filtered
            Layers peeled back reveal the source, the inspiration, and my mad desire to capture thoughts, dreams and the beauty of nature.
manipulated 
Fiber art is on the cusp of a wave. Fiber artists are evolving our medium to a new level of perception. Using textiles to create art is breaking the boundaries of the art world. Fiber as an art form is highly collectable right now because it is so new.
color added
What does one do, who sees visions? Experiment. Break rules. Expose people to new ways of seeing. Art, to me, is about moving forward. Creation gives me ideas. My passion is to put them into art.

I use my medium, fiber!
finished triptych
Each work is individual and a communication between my inner imagination and later, the viewer.

1 comment:

Dorit Elisha said...

So very well said - the explanation of the process of inspiration! I love your example too; and I 'get' it. I feel very similar some of the times, but sometimes my art expressions come from another side of my brain, which I have yet to understand..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...