Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fiber Revolution

Gotta love that name. I have been nominated and accepted into this wonderful and passionate group!
Their link is on the sidebar or here.
Among several projects going on- keeps my head spinning- Is an upcoming show at Morristown Museum, NJ, June -October. More on that!
directions here.
I am including my piece on this post. It is similar but completely different from the piece that will be in Quilt National!!
   Dig-it-al!!  Digital Fiber Constructions

I enjoy photography and the creative processes now afforded by contemporary
Digital technology. My fascination with photography is finding expression by printing        manipulated original photographs directly onto various
substrates, and specially treated natural fibers. Images are printed with an Epson
printer to create unique photographic stitched textural constructions. I call this
work, Digital Fiber.
My new work continues the creative process in Photoshop by changing
the actual image, layering and digitally fusing with photographs of my painted
cloth. When I finish composing an image. I decide on presentation,
such as a whole cloth photo-art quilt, or divided into multiple images as for my latest
work or collaged into mixed media art.
I print the completed photos onto heavy canvas. I either size the work in
Photoshop and print or I print cutting the resulting photo into sections. These
are mounted onto heavy stabilizer, felt, or interfacing. Stitched or quilted, leaving the
edges remain unbound. I seal the edges with gel medium to secure the loose
threads and finish with a touch of accent paint on the edges. I finish the top with a protective UV medium.
Only after all of this is dried, do I assemble the work using a simple bookbinding method, using artist dyed pearl cotton or wax linen threads.
Flown                                                                                                            2011
 Layers peeled back reveal the source, the inspiration, and my mad desire to
capture thoughts, dreams and the beauty of nature.
Each work is individual and a communication between my inner imagination and
later, the viewer.

1 comment:

layers said...

I do think you have captured the beauty of nature with imagination and creativity.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...