Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sense of Touch

     Ever notice how sometimes you just start to work and pieces fall together as if by magic. As if just showing up in the studio is somehow like catching an ocean wave and riding with it. And OH what a ride!
Sense of Touch completed
Yesterday I had just such a day. I put down a background and played with some collage materials leftover from another recent spurt. I ended up with 4 wonderful pieces. Sense of Touch is one. This will be an entry for an upcoming exhibit.

the starting point


detail
     I started with a manipulated and digital collage printed on a molding paste substrate. The surround is a combination of paper compositions created earlier and painted cloth. I overlaid parts with silk organza and stitched into the piece as a mark-making tool. 
      I feel I was definitely in touch with the energy of creation. A sense of touch.

1 comment:

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Wen, this is so striking. I can almost feel the depth of texture. Just gorgeous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...