Friday, July 2, 2010

Quotes, Poems and Remembering

I love to read short inspirational quotes. They return one's senses to the real reality and core of one's being. Different quotes will hit you in different places and at different levels each time you read them. I have journaled for years and feel this is a way of honoring one's inner self and keeping in 'touch'. This is part of my process of art making. The two go hand and hand. "Remember Wen" is a quip from an old song but also a personal mantra for remembering to do just this.
SO- "In the photo by the bed, my mother is perpetually smiling on me. I guess I have forgiven us both although sometimes in the night my dreams will take me back to the sadness and
I have to wake up and forgive us again." Sue Monk Kidd
Sue is one of my favorite authors, I first read her book, Dance of the Dissident Daughter and later, When the Heart Waits, before I read her fiction, both of those books were exacting right for that time in my life.
and
"I said to my soul, be still and wait...So the darkness shall be the light, and the stillness the dancing." T.S.Eliot

3 comments:

layers said...

I also like quotes and have a collection of them that I go through to use in my own blog posts-- snatches of poetry as well- you are right-- they often conjure up memories.

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Mother and self forgiveness - the subject of many books.

Dee J. said...

I am reading through all your blog entries that are currently on your page and finally felt overflowing with delight. This one appealed to me because I recognize a kindred spirit in your collecting quotations and journaling and art making. And like the ladies who responded I agree on the value of of all . Are your poems here also?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...