Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Layered Collage, an Innovation?

 The start
OK, Nothing is ever new. I'll be sailing along making my art and come up with an idea and think Yes! This is ever so cool!  ONLY later to read in some book or magazine and find
out others have done this very thing. We are a talented and inventive group of artists.
    Here's my recent 'invention'  From the bottom up, layer backing, batting, collage materials and dyed or painted org. Stitch. Done! 

Anything can be collage material! These will be visible just under the organza. You can use scraps, thread, candy wrappings, tea bags, old digital print outs, old book- anything. And the best part is, you will look at everything with new eyes. 


Add a golden circle.


Hmmm,
Are those 5 figures?


Finished!

I like to leave the organza edges raw. I like the look of the wonky, free edges.

8 comments:

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Love the figures! And I love your piece over on Donna's blog too. Fun to see your work there.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I love the organic movement and mystical textures you have collected for this collage. I am getting ready to move my studio into a more visible environment which excites me but I so look forward to some work time and play time with the messy ingredients. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

ArtPropelled said...

I've so enjoyed browsing through your blog, looking at your beautiful art and in particular I loved reading about your process in this post.

Coffee Messiah said...

Thanks to Donna, have had a chance to peruse your art and creative process.

Very nice! Cheers!

annell4 said...

I see I didn't get to your blog, before. Now I found it!
Thank you.

Unknown said...

Delish!

Rosie said...

I love the figures too! How cool is that? It's so true what you say - nothing is ever knew, we simply discover things for ourselves - and that's always a bonus!

merci33 said...

Hi Wen
I love what you say here..."You can use scraps, thread, candy wrappings, tea bags, old digital print outs, old book- anything. And the best part is, you will look at everything with new eyes"

Beautiful patterns. Your work is a delightful 'find'. I enjoyed seeing it first on 'Layers'.

I look forward to coming back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...