Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Trees to Poles

Taking photos has been an interest since I first laid my hands on a camera. I have shared some from time to time. Many influence my art viva composition, pattern and design. While others become the subject of work. They can be the entire piece or added with silkscreen or collage. And now one can take photos into Photoshop and do amazing things. A new way to create in the 21st century! For this work, called Trees To Poles, I used almost all these techniques. I layered these two photos, below, in Photoshop and used them as my Holographic Image insert. I collaged additional photo elements with painted and pieced fabric.  String was embedded in the layers, which was highlighted with paint sticks afterwards. The piece was finished with stitching.

7 comments:

Jackie said...

love it! stormy and seductive

JYA Fiberarts said...

Wen, I like it, It has great depth with the 3-D holographic effect. Another winner!

Norma Schlager said...

A wonderful ethereal quality. Great quilt!

me said...

I LOVE how you incorporate your photos into your quilts! I too, love to take photos and quilt and haven't quite figured out how I want to incorporate the two. Your work inspires me to think outside of the box! Thank you!

Kathi said...

(sorry that museum quilt guild was me...i hadn't signed out of it apparently)
I love your work. Love the moody images. your blog is an inspiration.

Linda Matthews said...

I love the "feeling" of this piece Wen. Very dark and moody.

Leslie Avon Miller said...

I am always intrigued by layers which partially reveal or partially obscure the images beneath - like a faded memory. I also like these visual textures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...