Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Medium Lifts

One of the MOST exciting things about printing is creating one's own unique surface. No more simply printing on fabric or shiny photo paper! Make it your OWN!
This is the content of my Digital Explorations Workshop- see workshop tab at the top of the blog for more info. 
Here's a clipped video of creating a medium lift.
last sentence was- " It just peels up all that leftover paint making unique marks on the surface you placed on the gel medium surface." And yes- It's FUN and uses up the leftover paint making the plastic clean again for additional use!

1 comment:

LoieJ said...

Just stopping by to tell you I saw your piece at the Textile Center. I really liked it. At first I was too close to appreciate it, but when I stepped away, I could see the layers better. My husband liked it too. He asked me about the materials, etc. that you listed on the card. There was another ethereal piece that we both liked. I enjoyed the whole show because I "knew" most of the materials and processes listed, which isn't the case at some art shows. The variety was wonderful. My own processes are generally photo on fabric, but the way I enhance and stitch them is different than any I saw at the Textile Center, so that was encouraging to me. Also the show makes me even more determined to go more abstract. Most of mine are pretty much the photo printed, but adding my dimensional stitching. Lots of stress for two years, and I haven't yet learned to use that as art motivation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...