Monday, August 15, 2016

Long Walk

Digital Fiber  is a meld of two of my artistic passions- textiles and photographs!


I love taking the photographs everywhere! Playing with the photos in any photo editing program; cropping, changing, layering or otherwise manipulating them, can really make the result personal and unique.
Long Walk is a chopped image of rock and water taken on, yes, a long walk. This rendered a somewhat abstract photo. The colors were slightly saturated and darkened. It was printed on digitally ready broadcloth and over layered with the same photograph printed on silk organza. 
mounted- side view
Some of the organza is cut away, revealing different textures and of course it is quilted, adding yet another level of textural surfaces that so many fiber artists love!

more info-
I buy ink jet ready fabrics from inkjetfabrics.com, a fabulous company in CA. Tell Sandy 'hi' for me, if you buy from them!
Learn about preparing your own digital ready surfaces in my new book, Digital Fiber, due out in December but available for pre-order now on Amazon- click here. In fact, the book gives hints on creating your own personal photographs  with some of my own innovative ideas, as while as creating unique printable substrates.

Long Walk is available for purchase on the SAQA Annual Benefit Auction- click here for more information.

2 comments:

Robbie said...

Fantastic piece!!!

Hill said...


Thanks for every other informative website. Where else could I am getting that type of information written in such an ideal method? I have a undertaking that I’m simply now running on, and I have been on the look out for such information.



Digital Brief

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...