Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pages, a new Collage Series
























































































I just finished a new series of surface designed fabric collages. They are fused and stitched, then mounted to 6x6 artist canvas. The backs are covered and fitted with wire- ready for hanging. The stitching motif is a variation on a circle, so when purchased as a group or for display, they present as unified.












I am really seriously happy with the results and will probably continue.
I will place them on my Etsy shop very soon. 
I hope you like them too!

8 comments:

Cate Rose said...

I love them, Wen!

Larry Graykin said...

Just shared this on Twitter!
@ArtSpider Wen Redmond: Contemporary Art in Fiber "Pages, a new Collage Series" blog - lovely images! Strafford #NH http://bit.ly/yW7l

Linda Branch Dunn said...

These are breath-taking. Congratulations.

Linda Laird said...

Dear Wen,

Really like your new series, esp. the thread drawing--is it hand stitched?

Keep up the good work,
Linda Laird
Quiltart list

Unknown said...

Wonderful. :D

Margarete said...

Wen, these new pieces are very fresh and exciting. They definitely convey spontaneity.

Leslie Avon Miller said...

I Like these! Very interesting.

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Here I am looking at these again. They are very fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...