Monday, May 30, 2011

Quilt National 2011 Opening


One of the most revealing impressions I received from attending the opening- besides the energy of so many kindred spirits- was seeing the pieces up close and personal.
Ann Rebele
Pieces in a book, however beautifully photographed lose texture, and in many cases color. My work lost many of the delicate colors in the book that you would see in person. 
Heather Allen & Elin Noble (Heather's work on L, Luanne Rimel R)

Elin Noble's work lost the delicate texture. 
Janet Bass
Leaping Point
If you can, this is a show to see in person! So many folks worked hard to present this fine Fiber Exhibit. The catalog is excellent. But do try to see it when it travels to your area!
Dominie Nash
Susan Shie

Leaping Point and me at QN

5 comments:

JYA Fiberarts said...

Wen, It's fantastic to see you standing in front of your work at Quilt National! Congratulations again!

Christine said...

Congratulations Wen! I look forward to seeing your work in person when I visit the exhibition in June. Thank you for sharing pictures (especially of my friend Susie Shie). Peace, Christine

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Thanks for the photos :)

Katie said...

What an amazing show. I wish I could get up close and see all those details and textures. Realy beautiful peices here.

Gayle Pritchard said...

It was so nice to meet you in person at QN. We absolutely loved your piece, our Best in Show!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...