Monday, October 8, 2012

Making a DVD- Textured Photos

After flying to Denver, I found a shuttle and was whisked off to Loveland.
I arrived the day before the shoot so I would be rested. Excited, nervous but rested.
I practiced and practiced so I was ready. I had lots of steps outs, ideas and techniques to show.
*I have to add, my MO is to stuff as much as I can into a workshop- same here. The DVD explains the process of printing on lightweight molding paste to add texture, interest and lots of fun to digital fiber. It is long but, well, thats good- right!
Looking calm (below)- not!
* a quote from the blog post below- "I discovered Wen and her innovative, cool experiments a couple of years ago. When I get frustrated or bored with my work, I just ask myself : "What would Wen do?" She is the best! I use my digital camera or a scanner to make images of my work. The college where I teach (Paul Smith's in New York State's Adirondack mountains) has a couple of great large scanners if I have a larger piece. I'm also working with a friend who aspires to do professional photography."
*nice blog post here
The staff was very helpful and patient. This photo show how the camera will pick up what I'm showing on the computer. I love this stuff!

*the DVD can be found here

1 comment:

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Enjoy the whole process....you are magic with these images. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...