Sunday, August 5, 2012

What did you do before you started to quilt?

     This question is going around on a yahoo group I take part in. So I thought I'd answer it here with the addition of pix.
     I used to make batik hand painted and long loopy hand quilted soft sculptures. 


It's funny because I just did my own thing until I joined a quilt guild in NH, when I moved here, and no one was doing that but they were counting stitches in inch when quilting. So I learned traditional quilting & piecing.  
     Anyway I actually had the thought that that's what folks are doing these days. Painting, surface design and hand quilting!

2 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

You were way ahead of your time!!!

Wen said...

I enjoyed it then and I enjoy it now. But I didn't think what I was doing was doing anything.
It makes me crazy as I've done this before. But this one just dawned on me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...