Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Haystack Memories

I just completed my application to Haystack Mountain School of Crafts on Deer isle, ME. It is a fantasy island filled with kindred spirits. Everyone on the same page, with art sparkling out from their smiling eyes. I found this poem I wrote after one wonder-filled but rainy week.


In My Mind’s Eye

I return to Haystack,
that day of surprised joy
when Paulus recited “Hello Sun”,
his arms outstretched
to gather it in,
to release our minds,
to capture and motivate our attention.
Wetness collects in my smiling eyes
as I remember that morning,
when the sun first came out to greet us
after hiding for so long.
Came out like a field of flowers in bloom,
heads up,
wanting us to take them home.
poem by Wen

1 comment:

Wen said...

ok this should be it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...