Saturday, March 17, 2012

Moon Fog


I decided to change one or my mounted FiberArt pieces. Since it is already mounted, I needed to work the piece so the changes didn't interfere with the stretch that mounting requires.
I decided the edges were the parts that I didn't like the most. And the piece needed unification.
I laid a light muted glaze very quickly over the main body first. Then, I applied a opaque flake medium to three edges, in different amounts, to keep the fiber/texture quality. I went over that in paint and added a couple layers of free script, one of my trademarks.
Here's before...

And After...

Moon Fog
Digital Fiber Collage
An assemblage of archival manipulated photographs, printed and collage with hand painted textiles, combining painting and digital media into a one of a kind art piece. Stitched Silk organza, Cotton embedded string, oil stick, mediums and paper.15x17 $345.00 
now available on UpLIFTmENTS- HERE

2 comments:

Jo Murray said...

I loved the 'before' but the surface of the 'after' is so much richer.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

You continue to amaze me ...the second phrase is so intricate and draws one in. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...