Monday, March 28, 2011

Art to Soul

What is an artist?
Do we use the term more casually than in years past?
Does an art degree make you an artist? Or do you become an artist by degrees.
Step by step, inching closer.
Taking it all in and letting it out.
Developing an Eye and then always seeing.
Listening in on our whispering muse, we hone our voice to honor our soul. 
Art to Soul.
How do you define artist? 


Is it when time melts? When you disappear into the flow, revealing.
When can you tell you hear your authentic voice?
Is it when you step back to listen?
Moving out of the way, you can dance.
Is it when you remember to remember?
What makes you real?


"Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

3 comments:

Cedar Ridge Studio said...

step by step
I like todays post.
You always light my brain.

Anonymous said...

Loved your comments and the attitude. I don't know if I am an artist or not. For me the making of my work is an all consuming passion. Something inside me pushes me towards attempting to recreate my thoughts and visions. It can be frustrating, it is challenging. I strive to perfect my techniques and search my work to see signs of improvement. For me this making of work is as necessary as being. Arlinda

Judy Warner said...

I feel there is probably an artist in each of us. Some will never get in touch with that sensitivity. Others will embrace that aspect of themselves and follow a path to be express what they see and feel so they can share it with others.

Thanks for the opportunity to pause and appreciate this truth.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...