Friday, November 16, 2018

THINGS THAT MATTER

proud to be included in 
THINGS THAT MATTER Nov 8, 2018 - Jan 5, 2019 Vision Gallery, Chandler, AZ
Thirty one fiber artists use their individual talents to let their voices be heard. They remind us that THIS thing, idea, place or part of our world should not be forgotten or undefended when at risk from intolerance, ignorance, indifference or greed. They offer us intuitive responses, sorrows, desires to right things, to protect what may be disappearing. And they offer hope, a tender need to call out to the world to remember precious things in life. 
Statement
Being near water has been a source of contemplation and comfort all of my life. I share this joy in my work in a variety of ways. With time, water leaves it’s marks on rock, sand and me. This is what matters. The time it takes to re-connect.This happens when I take myself to the woods, the ocean, in nature. Going outside to go inside. This is the life blood of my art. My source, my well.
            “Making my art allows me to tap into levels of perception, becoming more aware, more conscious, & more grateful. I’ve loved photography my entire life. This brings a tender sensitivity to one’s surroundings. I make the art then the art makes me.”
Techniques One of a kind fiber photographs,
exploring the marks left by water, are printed onto inkjet ready natural cotton canvas, creativity stitched and cut into segments with some freedom of movement. Edges painted & segments tied together with pearl cotton.
Materials- inkjet ready natural

more information- here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...