Friday, January 27, 2017

Printer recommendations

Welcome! Almost any printer will work for this class. If you're buying a new one, please read manual and become familiar with it before class. 
Do you know how to print 4x6? If not we can work with that.
See if you can adjust thickness to envelope setting. 
Will you use your computer for printing? 
Do not depend on wireless- bring your connecting cord!

A few folks have asked me what I recommend for printers for my workshop- Digital Explorations in Fiber and Mixed Media. In a pinch, I'd go for the all-in-one workforce series. They update continually so I don't have the latest model number. They're not too heavy or expensive.
Having your own printer will enable you to print at you own speed. After all if you were taking a quilting class, would you not bring your sewing machine?
Epson's Dura-Brite or Ultra-Chrome inks are terrific for alternative printing. But we can work with other brands.
For example-
Epson Expression Home XP-330 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier- here
or
Epson Expression Home XP-430 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier

There are also small portable printers available too. I purchased mine 'used' from Ebay.
For example, Canon Pixma ip110- here
Or
Epson has just come out with a new portable printer-  slightly pricier...   here
Someone has asked what I have personally. I have 2 Epson Photo Stylus- a 2400 and a 3880.
I got the 2400 at least 10 years ago and they probably have updated the model several times by now.
The 3880 is my newest and I have a all in one workforce 410 that I use for every day. 
The 3880 prints 17 wide, 2400 prints 13" wide and the workforce prints letter size.
Recently, for teaching, I purchased a mobile Epson printer Workforce-100 (pictured above). I love it! 
I used to have a 24" printer but found I don't print large enough to use it on a regular basis. They will dry out if not used or turned on from time to time. And my work has changed.
I'm quite happy with all my printers!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have an Epson Stylus Pro 3800 printer that uses archival pigment inks. Love it for my fine art photography. BUT am now pushing the limits and want to print on fabric. I notice you have an Epson 3800. Would you use the 3800 stylus pro for printing on fabric or should I not risk it and buy a second printer for fabric printing?

Your work is an inspiration.
Marilyn R. at


Thank you

Tiffany Maynor said...

As I am very photogenic and also do print a lot so , for me the data of this blog is required. People mostly ask that what can be the recommended printer for digital explorations in fiber and mixed media. And it is neither too heavy nor too expensive so it is very user friendly.

Epson Contact said...

If you need to clean print heads on an Epson inkjet Printer then in that case it is advisable that the user gets the printers or the printers and faxes folder further right click on the printer icon further select printing preferences the window will then appear further click “maintenance tab.” If you still need more information or help then ask for it from the team of experts.
Epson Printer Support Number UK

Marry Cotson said...

Really it is very great information that you have shared and thanks for sharing the information with us.
Lexmark printer support
Lexmark printer customer service
Lexmark printer technical support

Unknown said...

Most of the issues based on cartridge and drivers associated with printers, however, for epson printers epson error code 0x97 is quite common.

Am Printex said...

Nice Digital Fabric Printers blog and i will share to my friends. Also i suggest Pillow Cover Printing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...