Sunday, April 19, 2015

Announcement- Retirement from Teaching! Thanks for the Years!

at Pro Chem, MA 2011
NH Mixed Media artist, Wen Redmond has made the bittersweet decision to retire from teaching workshops- unless inspired by mad impulse! 
Many of her techniques can be found in magazines or DVD's in links on her workshop page on her blog.
http://fiberartgoddess.blogspot.com/p/workshops.html

at the SDA Conference 2011
So she's not dropping off the map! It's just life has offered other opportunities both in her art and in her family that requires her devotion and energy.
Peters Valley NJ 2013
Here's what happened though-
2010 Northern Lights Quilt Guild
The NE guilds, MA/RI and NH/VT/ME hosted Leni Weiner at the recent SAQA meeting held during the MQX Festival in Manchester, earlier this month. Her talk was about listening to your voice, which I thought I've been doing.
However, listening also means n
ot doing everything like you always have, it means eliminating parts of your art that aren't working for you anymore- etc- go listen to her lecture- Fantastic!
Milford NH Souhegan Valley Quilters' Guild 2011
Anyway, I realized that I don't want or need to teach anymore. I enjoy it but I have another focus both in art and family that helped me decide I can't spend the time on garnering, publicizing, gathering supplies, review, revision, travel, dealing with cancellations and keeping ALL the supplies in my studio for the next time. I will let it go! And never say never- there may be an odd workshop here and there.
sigh, thank you Leni!!

Quilters Connections 2010 
just a few photos from over the years. Many are before the digital revolution! 
Thanks for the Years!

11 comments:

Regina B Dunn said...

I'm happy for you, but I never got to take one of your classes and hoped to glean some of your knowledge. I so love your art. Happy trails.

Wen said...

Thank you Regina for your comment. It's just the time to stop.

Cris Winters said...

Best wishes for your Next Chapter. I admire you in so many ways.

Wen said...

WOW! thank you Chris Winters!

Unknown said...

well. That was unexpected. So glad you found the workshop useful! Can't wait to see the results of the next leg of your journey :)

Beth said...

All the best to you Wen. I have enjoyed your workshops as well as just sitting and talking. Hope to see you in Maine this September!!

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

SO glad I took that class with you at MQX! I will miss more opportunities like that one, but I know I will appreciate seeing the art you will produce in the coming years. Enjoy!!

Windy Hill Happenings said...

You can't stop...You're on my bucket list
(-: Seriously, you are but I wish you all the best. I so admire you and your work and can't wait to see what the future holds for you....

Wen said...

well- never say never- but I am not seeking
got something else up my sleeve!

Unknown said...

Wen, Listening to your soul has always been very important to you. Follow your own path. It will lead you exactly where you are supposed to go, my friend.

Wen said...

Thank you for your warm comment. It's true and I've been thinking on it for some time.
It feel right immediately!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...