Friday, January 3, 2014

Journaling 2014

Deciding on a new journal to use for am upcoming workshop, I reviewed some of my ready to use journals I've made. 
 Coptic Binding- hard for me but worth it. These open completely flat.
Paste Papers for Covers and Signatures. I make several when I'm in that 'space'.
 I like to use recycled papers from older journals when I used spiral notebooks and the heavier drawing paper for pages
When I work on painting fabrics & collage papers, I lightly paint with leftover paint or clean my brush so I don't rinse all that down my drains.
I take them with me to do free drawings on long car or plane journeys
I love these books!

3 comments:

Trace Willans said...

I like to have a sheet of watercolour paper on my work bench and when it is covered in marks I tear it up and make it into a journal

Wen said...

cool idea Trace! My drop cloth often finds it's way into work!

Velma Bolyard said...

nice. i always work with usable paper underneath--like trace, you never know what will turn up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...